Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Italian-Style Paleo Meal

So I crave Italian food....ALL the time.  I will be honest...I miss the pasta, the sauces and the bread, but I found a GREAT alternative that is Paleo AND I can have ready when I get home from a tough WOD!!!  It is a no-fuss recipe that takes 5 minutes to put together and the house smells FABULOUS when you get home!  My son Hayden can testify to that!

Paleo Chicken Cacciatore
 
1 medium onion, sliced thin
16 oz organic diced tomatoes
Small can of organic tomato sauce
1 lb chicken breasts
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 T Oregano
1 T Basil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chicken broth
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Slice the onion thin and place on the bottom of the Crockpot
 
 
Place chicken breasts on top and smother with diced tomatoes (in juice) and tomato sauce
 
 
Chop mushrooms and place on top of tomato mixture
 
 
Add all seasonings and 1/2 cup of chicken broth and turn Crockpot on low for 6-8 hours
 
 
Serve over steamed zucchini or squash and enjoy a warm, Italian-Style Paleo meal...without the cheese, pasta and bread!  Satisfies ANY Italian craving!!!
 
 
 
HAPPY PALEO COOKING!!!!!
 
Oh...if you make one of my blogged meals, please comment and tell me about it! 
I would love some feedback!!!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment